It’s the second day of 25 Days of Cookies! If you didn’t know, I am planning on baking delicious treats *every day* until Christmas. It probably won’t all be cookies. It’ll probably include some healthy treats too – especially on weekends, since I don’t want to be left alone with a whole container full of sugar cookies. Perhaps I’ll make peppermint protein balls. Ooooo… peppermint. I love peppermint at Christmas time! You can tell from my choice of Day 1’s dessert: peppermint bark.
Nevertheless, I thought I would take a short break from peppermint today and bake oatmeal pecan cookies dipped in chocolate! Just like a chocolate chip cookie minus the chocolate chips plus pecan pieces, oats, and cinnamon. You can practically smell the cinnamon and pecans when you open the cookie container.
Of course, I’m bringing all these wonderful goodies to school, sharing with friends and teachers. Just two more weeks until winter break!
Pecan oatmeal cookies with a dash of cinnamon - dipped in chocolate!
- 1 cup salted butter, slightly melted
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats oats
- 1 cup pecan crushed pieces, toasted, optional
- 12 oz milk chocolate candiquik (or similar baking white chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Measure out the flour, oats, baking soda, pinch of salt, and baking powder. Sift together.
- Using a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add in one egg. Scrape the bowl with a spatula. Add in vanilla and cinnamon. Gradually add in flour mixture, beating well after each addition. Finally, add in the pecans. Scrape the bowl as necessary.
- Place one and a half inch balls of dough on the baking sheet. Bake for 7-8 minutes. If they look cooked when taken out, they might be overcooked. Let cool.
- Once cooled, melt the chocolate. Dip each cookie into the chocolate and let cool on parchment paper.
Day 1’s Peppermint Bark: