Hot chocolate is my favorite drink in the winter. Whipped cream, marshmallows, candy canes, heavy cream, the whole nine yards. So obviously, I just thought I would put it in cookie form!
Of course, I chose dark chocolate hot cocoa mix – the Simply Cocoa one from Swiss Miss- and dark chocolate chips. Dark chocolate is definitely my favorite chocolate… it’s good for you… right?
Pro tip: Please, please, please freeze the dough for at least 20 minutes before baking! Or else the marshmallows will come out melted into sugar crystal pools – not fun. And a note about the types of marshmallows – you can use mini marshmallows or the marshmallow bits.
As these were baking my mind was working on my physics problem set. Despite all the momentum, I might have eaten a bit too much dough… oops!
Please leave a comment below if you want me to bake something for 25 Days of Cookmas!
Hot Dark Chocolate Cookies
A cookie that is screaming to be dipped in milk!
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 4 packages dark hot cocoa mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Sift together the flour, cocoa mix, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- One at a time, add in the eggs. Scraping the bowl after each addition. Add in the vanilla.
- Mix in the flour mixture, scraping down the bowl as necessary. After well combined, gently fold in the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Put dough in freezer for thirty minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Scoop 2 in balls of dough and place on parchment paper. Careful, they will expand, so leave 2 inches of room between each one. Bake for 9-11 minutes.