Ooey gooey caramel + oatmeal cookie crumb + chocolate chips + triple chocolate fudge brownie = richy goodness
Like the Cowboy Bark, this is another house warming gift for my sister and her roommate. It actually took me about an hour to complete both treats and I let them cool as I was writing this. While I was in Texas, we had to go a bunch of different stores to buy furniture for the apartment, including Bed, Bath, and Beyond where I found really cute milk bottles that will be featured (most likely) in my next post!
I had to get all the ingredients to stock their pantry with the typical baking essentials: baking soda, flour, sugar – ya know, the basics. At least they had the 5 pound bag of chocolate chips from Costco.
These are similar to one of my favorites, Carmelita’s, except this ALSO has a brownie. Basically a win – win.
Cookie Crumb Caramel Brownie
A rich brownie layered with caramel, chocolate chips, and a crumbly cookie topping that will melt in your mouth!
- Triple Chocolate Brownie mix + ingredients needed for that
- 1 bag (11 oz.) of soft caramels
- 1.5 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup white flour
- ¾ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare brownie batter as instructed. Pour into pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, unwrap and melt the caramels by stirring it after 30 second intervals on medium-high power in the microwave.
- To make the cookie crumble: In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, salt, butter, and vanilla until the dough is well combined. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Take out the brownie pan and sprinkle evenly with 1.5 cups of chocolate chips. Pour the caramel evenly over the pan. Sprinkle the cookie crumble over the caramel. Bake for another 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.